Accept that things, situations or events may not always go the way that you want them to.
Nature and life will throw up obstacles and pitfalls that we cannot anticipate for and trying to have a plan, should these occur so that you don’t have a setback which may cause you to relapse or negatively impact your recovery.
Having loving, supportive family members and good clean/sober friends who you can trust and confide in will help you when these difficult times occur.
Tips & Suggestions
- Having a daily schedule or plan in place can help maintain some stability in times that are uncertain, you can find out how to create and implement one here
- Having people you can call or see when you’re struggling will also help you
- Using a gratitude list can also help remind you why you’re doing what you’re doing. You can find out about creating one here
Find More Like This One
- The Current State Of Drug, Alcohol And Addiction Education In The UK
- Where Are Young People Getting Drug, Alcohol And Addiction Information From?
- The Dangers Of Ritualised Behaviours In Addiction And Recovery And How To Overcome Them
- Best Gift Ideas For Those With Drug And Alcohol Addictions
- Therapies Can Be Like Pulling Off A Bandaid/Plaster
- Thoughts Are Simply That… Thoughts!