So for this Sunday surprise, we thought we’d try and lift the mood a little for those addicts who are struggling today. Even if you’re not struggling, COVID-19 seems to be taking its toll on everyone!
So with that in mind, we thought we’d share this amazing comedy sketch from Comedian Andy Gold.
We hope it brightens up your day, just as much as it did for us too!
Want More Like This?…
- On Second Thoughts – Thought Of The DayWe all have had those times when thoughts of using or drinking come to mind, sometimes with real ferocity. For example, those days after lockdown has started to take one step back toward normality, you might find yourself wondering down a high street, past a pub and you suddenly glance at the cold sweat running down the outside of a freshly poured pint of beer or suddenly get a waft of that distinctive cannabis smell from someone else nearby.
- Why Do We Have A Strong Urge To Find Out What Might Have Been — Even When This Leads To Feelings Of Regret?Given the aversive experience of regret, traditional models of decision-making predict that people should to try to avoid it. But of course, the picture is more complex — we all have experienced the desire to know “what might have been”, even if it leads to regret. Now a study in Psychological Science, led by Lily FitzGibbon at the University of Reading, finds that the lure of finding out what might have been is surprisingly enticing. As an extra bonus, you’ll find our 10 top tips for dealing With the regret surrounding past deeds while in addiction and/or recovery and what you can do next.
- Can You Cure Yourself of A Drug Addiction, Simply By Wanting It? Actor Charlie Sheen Seems To Think So!Actor Charlie Sheen, known for his heavy cocaine and alcohol use, has been stating in interviews that he freed himself of his drug habit “simply by closing my eyes and make it so” according to him. Is this public display damaging the hard work that those in the recovery field work so hard to build upon, and the addicts who come to succeed in their recovery thanks to various coping strategies, organisations and fellowship groups? Find out all you need to know inside this article!…
- Happy Easter EveryoneHappy Easter everyone! Today is an occasion to celebrate not only Easter, but also the work and determination that you’ve been applying towards your recovery.
- Who Would You Give To, A Homeless Dad Or A Homeless Addict?With a pair of cardboard signs, prankster Coby Persin conducted a social experiment that tested the consciences of New Yorkers. Would you be more likely to give money to a homeless man who says he will use it for drugs and alcohol, or a homeless father with a coughing child beside him? Find out how the experiment went and let us know by commenting below our article, or through our social media platforms, have a think, what you would do?…
- Make Today Your Day To Say No!