Our minds can be a powerful force which can cause us to do both good or bad things. Our minds know just what to say to you and at just the right time for your mind to achieve whatever it is focused on.
As addicts, we know this extremely well in the form of cravings and temptations. However, the good news it that if we remind ourselves that our thoughts are simply that… thoughts, and without a physical action attached to that, they will simply fade away after a short while. This is where positive coping strategies and techniques come into play.
Remember, just because you think of something, doesn’t mean that you have to act upon them.
Want More Like This?…
- The Current State Of Drug, Alcohol And Addiction Education In The UK
- Where Are Young People Getting Drug, Alcohol And Addiction Information From?
- The Dangers Of Ritualised Behaviours In Addiction And Recovery And How To Overcome Them
- Best Gift Ideas For Those With Drug And Alcohol Addictions
- Therapies Can Be Like Pulling Off A Bandaid/Plaster
- Thoughts Are Simply That… Thoughts!