Our minds can be a powerful force which can cause us to do both good or bad things. Our minds know just what to say to you and at just the right time for your mind to achieve whatever it is focused on.
As addicts, we know this extremely well in the form of cravings and temptations. However, the good news it that if we remind ourselves that our thoughts are simply that… thoughts, and without a physical action attached to that, they will simply fade away after a short while. This is where positive coping strategies and techniques come into play.
Remember, just because you think of something, doesn’t mean that you have to act upon them.
Want More Like This?…
- Are You Making Amends With Those You’ve Hurt In Your Active Addiction? Find Out How Here!
- 4 Tips For Asking For Help When Needed
- 2 Days Until The ODAAT Experiment. What You Need To Know!
- There Are Four Kinds Of Drunken Personality (Among Students, At Least) Which One Are You?
- Your Brain Is A Powerful Ally And Enemy, Want To See!?
- The Role Rituals, Habits And OCD Play In Addiction And Recovery