Drink ‘n’ Drugs offer high quality, professional therapies including counselling, hypnotherapy, auricular acupuncture, long-term 2 year professional & peer support program and addiction/recovery life coaching by highly professional therapists, who all have direct personal experience of addiction, mental health conditions and the consequences of addiction such as homelessness, rough sleeping, family and friend issues and others.
Our therapists have extensive, practical experience, offering these services for patients within NHS trusts, community based drug and alcohol services, mental health services, GP practises and private practice therapy for a range of clients, ages and personal situations.
We have carefully selected, tailored and honed our range of services because they have vast clinical evidence of effectiveness.
We want to help you overcome your stresses, worries, addiction and mental health conditions to achieve the positive results and outcomes you’re after.
Not sure what services would best suit you and your needs? where to begin, what it costs or any other questions?
Contact us at a time that best suits you, and we will be more than willing discuss your needs and desires from therapy. You can find our contact information further down this page.
Counselling & Psychotherapy
We offer professional counselling and psychotherapy services for those afflicted by active addiction, already in recovery as well as the family and friends of addicts.
We offer a variety of services, both short and longer term to suit your own personal needs. We truly understand the unique struggles that addiction causes to the addict directly but also to those around them and it is for these reasons, that we create unique packages of care and support for every single person as we know that no one is the same and we all have unique needs, which we want to help you with!
Hypnotherapy uses hypnosis to try to treat conditions or change habits. Our hypnotherapy services are tailored to meet the unique feelings, thoughts and behaviours that those afflicted by addiction face. We offer professional hypnotherapy that fits in with your life and helps to change the thought processes and ways of thinking that addiction creates.
2 Year Professional Recovery Package, Mentorship & Peer Support Program
Our 2 year professional & peer support program provide comprehensive help, support, mentorship and guidance for those wanting to turn their life around successfully for the long term.
Our programs are tailored to meet the unique needs that each participant require for them to maximise their chances of obtaining and remaining in long term recovery.
Our programs include:
- Auricular Acupuncture
- Mentorship from experienced recovering addicts
- Ongoing psychological & mental health support
- Opportunities for entering work, volunteering or studying
- Group family therapy
- Opportunities for training and gaining new qualifications
- Improve your english, maths and IT skills
- Opportunities to improve your physical health and help improve any current physical health conditions you may already have
- Regular peer support meetings online or at physical group meetings (where appropriate)
- Opportunities for creative activities
- Meditation and mindfulness training and mindfulness relaxation sessions
- Help with any criminal convictions you may be facing or already have
- Links with local food banks to help with proper nutrition and diet
- Opportunities for equine therapy and other forms of holistic therapies
- Other beneficial therapies and opportunities will be added to maximise the programs effectiveness for each individual on the program.
Those wishing to join our program must meet or will be able to meet the requirements set out below by the time the program begins.
- Those wishing to attend and participate in our program must be substance free for the duration of the program. Candidates must agree to and comply with regular drug and alcohol testing on scheduled and unscheduled occasions.
- Be over the age of 18 years old by the start of the program.
- Must comply with full disclosure between relevant professional and legal organisations for the benefit of the attendee.
- Be able to read, write and speak in English.
- Be able to have transport and be able to travel to, and attend mandatory elements of the program.
How Can I Apply For The Program?
We take on new candidates on an annual basis. The next intake being on:
We take on 5 candidates each year to ensure that each attendee receives the best possible attention to maximise their opportunities to succeed in every aspect.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply?
You can apply by emailing us: email@example.com, giving your name, contact information, a brief overview of your life and current situation and a short statement explaining how you think our program would benefit your recovery.
How much does it cost?
Each place is free, paid for by donations from members of the public and via donations of equipment and resources. The place being free is dependent upon the agreement that the candidate agrees to submit to routine and unannounced drug and alcohol testing with the proviso that each test will be negative for all substances, except for prescribed medications in your name.
Is the program full time?
The program is carried out on a part time basis, with activities occupying approximately 20-30 hours per week on days to be agreed, 52 weeks of the year.
I have a question that isn’t mentioned here, how can I contact the program?
For ease of communication during the coronavirus pandemic, you can email the program coordinator directly, using the programs email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. They aim to reply to all emails within 24 hours, however it is most often long before then!
We offer auricular acupuncture. This is a form of acupuncture that utilises small acupuncture needles placed into specific places to help with the physical, mental and emotional issues that addicts face.
If you are needle phobic, that’s no problem! We can use special acupuncture seeds that apply pressure on the acupuncture locations in the ear using small seeds stuck onto specialist small plasters. These don’t involve any needles at all!
They can stay in place for upto a week which continually helps with cravings, withdrawal symptoms, stress, negative thoughts, low moods and much more.
Our auricular acupuncture sessions are currently suspended until the COVID-19 situation has settled. If you would like to know when these restart, please email us and we will add you to our waiting list and contact you as soon as they are able to restart.
Our Pricing & Fees
We offer highly competitive fees for our services. We know just how hard it is to pay for expensive therapy when drugs and alcohol have drained your bank account!
We want to help as many people as possible to turn their lives around and live the happy, productive and prosperous life that we know is possible for you to achieve!
Our rates, payment methods and service flexibility means that no matter what your situation or circumstances are, we can help!
- Our Therapists have both direct & indirect experience of addiction.
- Have undergone Therapy & treatments themselves, so they truly understand!
- Have experience and worked within the NHS, drug and alcohol services, homelessness & rough sleeping communities, Prisons & criminal justice agencies and private practice.
- All have at least 10 years of “life experience” before helping others. They have been there and got the T-shirt so to speak!
- Use multiple skills, techniques and modalities to best suit the clients needs.
BOOK YOUR FREE ASSESSMENT OR APPOINTMENT TODAY! – Via our Facebook page or by contacting us:
Let’s help change your life and create something special, together!
Our Shortened Terms & Conditions:
- For our free online consultation appointments, the client must be living in a country where online therapy services are allowed by law.
- Must also meet the criteria for online appointments which include: Having a safe space in which to be able to talk freely without fear of being overheard by others, have the required technology to permit internet appointments, be in a mental state free from suicidal thoughts or intentions, be able to understand and speak English to an acceptable level.
- Home visits will only be considered within our physical service area. We may consider travelling outside of this area for a small travelling fee. Clients must also be free from COVID-19 signs and symptoms for at least a month before therapists will consider attending. PPE and appropriate precautions will also be used by our therapists during these visits to minimise their risk of contracting or passing on COVID-19 and we expect our clients to do the same.
- Home visits will only he considered during the COVID-19 crisis by those who do not or have not got access to online facilities, yet urgently require therapy. This will be judged on a case by case basis.
- If continued therapy is agreed, the client must be able to receive, read, understand, sign and return forms and therapy agreements. These are normally sent by email but alternative may be considered if this is not possible.
- Any travelling fees, therapy charges or supplementary charges must be paid by bank transfer, no later than 72 hours before your first therapy session and as per your agreed plan on your therapy agreement between you and your therapist.
- Any cancellations must be given as soon as physically possible. If cancellations are not received no later than 72 hours before your session, the full session charge will still he liable. If cancelled or changed before 72 hours, no fees are payable and any deposits or fees will be transferred to your next planned session.
- If you have any questions, concerns or wish to receive our full T&C’s and any other relevant policies, contact us using the contact information above and we will get them to you.